Jacksonville AAMCO Diagnostic Services
Transmission External Diagnostic Service
The Jacksonville AAMCO External Diagnostic Service is the best transmission checkup available anywhere. Our Jacksonville Centers’ certified mechanics can get to the bottom of any transmission problem. With today’s more complex, computer-controlled transmissions, it takes a real expert to be able to diagnose a transmission problem correctly. Getting that diagnosis right can save you a lot of money.
External Diagnostic Tests
The Jacksonville AAMCO External Diagnostic Service is a systematic and comprehensive external evaluation of the overall performance and condition of your transmission.
- A trained mechanic will check the level and condition of your transmission fluid:
- A low fluid level may indicate a leak.
- Contaminated fluid has water or particles in the fluid.
- Burnt fluid indicates damage from overheating.
- Varnished fluid has been overheated repeatedly.
- Normal fluid is reddish-brown and translucent, depending on transmission type, with no particular odor.
- The mechanic will also check the level and condition of transfer case and differential fluid, where applicable.
- The mechanic takes your automobile on a road test, to experience first-hand any problems you have noticed, and to evaluate your automobile’s performance.
- Your automobile will be placed on a lift to inspect the controls under the automobile for any possible cause of the problem external to the transmission.
- Finally, the mechanic will scan the computer for trouble codes*.
From these tests, the expert transmission mechanics at Jacksonville AAMCO auto repair shops can determine what type of problem you might have, and make a recommendation for whatever service is necessary. Our comprehensive approach to diagnosing the source of the problem is what sets Jacksonville AAMCO apart.
View & Print Coupons
AAMCO External Diagnostic Service Coupon and other offers.
* Initial electronic scan is free of charge. Additional computer diagnostic charges are likely to apply.