Jacksonville AAMCO Exhaust Repair Services
Jacksonville AAMCO Emission & Exhaust System Services
The emission and exhaust system starts at the engine of your automobile, truck or SUV and runs through exhaust pipes connected to your engine cylinders, to the oxygen sensors and the catalytic converter, and then to the muffler and to the tailpipe.
- Exhaust pipes collect exhaust gases
- Oxygen sensors analyze the gases and sends the information to the automobile’s computer
- The catalytic converter refines the gases into less harmful gases and water vapor
- The muffler directs the gases through a series of baffles that reduce noise and help the engine run smoother.
Because the emission and exhaust system is mounted to the bottom of your automobile, it is subject to some abuse from potholes, rough roads, and the like. Exhaust gases contain automobilebon monoxide and other substances which can be dangerous if they are flowing into the passenger compartment. It is a good idea to have your emission and exhaust system checked about once a year by a Jacksonville AAMCO mechanic to ensure it is functioning safely and quietly. This inspection is included in Jacksonville AAMCO’s 36-point ProtectCheck Inspection. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of exhaust system problems—noises like a steady roar, rattling, hissing, or metallic vibrations, or colored smoke from the tailpipe—have your automobile inspected as soon as possible.
Jacksonville AAMCO Emission & Exhaust System Services include the following components:
- Catalytic converter
- Oxygen sensor
- EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valves and Sensors
- Exhaust pipes
- Exhaust manifold
- Tail pipes
- Brackets, clamps and hardware